The first week of April was somewhat disappointing. Instead of sunshine and flowers, we had snow, rain, wind, and hail. So we stayed inside most of the week. It was disappointing because my mother-in-law was visiting and we couldn't get out much. Paige stayed occupied by playing in the kitchen. If she wasn't in the dishwasher, she was in the drawer under the oven. Not very comfy, but fun for some reason.

She also worked on her standing skills. She will stand for quite a while, but she won't take any steps yet. I really want her to walk by her birthday (the 12th) so that she can walk around in her beautiful Easter dress instead of crawling all over the dirty floor, but I don't think it's going to happen.

One day the boys built a fort, and when it was bedtime I was too tired to clean it all up, so I told them they could sleep in it. I earned major points for that one! They had a blast and actually slept really well.

We enjoyed our visit with Eric's mom, Kathy. The poor woman has dementia, so I was worried she wouldn't like being at our house and in a strange environment, but she did well.

Here's to hoping the second week of April brings some spring weather!
6 comments:
Our prayers and love to your family!
And cheers for leaving up the boys' fort. Seriously, I LOVED building forts with my brother, so good memories!
Oh, that Paige could not be prettier! Wow, almost 1. I agree with you on the weather. Mia had spring break and we blessed Brant, so we had tons of family here and we were totally home bound the whole time because of the weather....bumber! We're still praying for Eric. Good luck with the upcoming tests.
Paige is darling! She looks adventurous, which is good with those two brothers! My prayers always go out to you. Hope everything turns out ok with the chemo and lungs...On a happier note: Happy Birthday! Love you!
Those are some cute kids! Your little Paige is darling!
P.s. Happy Birthday Yesterday!
so funny Dante used to love the drawer under the oven for about 6 months that was his favorite place to play. I had to check for toys every time i turned on the stove...so cute though no?
Post a Comment