Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Are you kidding me?

To celebrate our 10 year anniversary and Eric's 12th (and hopefully final) round of chemo, we booked a trip to Puerto Morelos (south of Cancun) two weeks ago. Eric and I have never been on a real trip together without our kids and were very much looking forward to sitting on that beach, drinking cokes, and eating nachos. But swine flu may be changing our plans! All I can say is, "Are you kidding me?" I think we really need this trip, so this pandemic better get under control ASAP!

P.S. My apologies to all those who have bigger problems in their lives than this. Please forgive my selfish insensitivity to the worldwide suffering caused by swine flu.

15 comments:

Angela said...

Don't worry Megan, I feel the same way...Jeff and I were supposed to be sitting in Mexico this very minute...so I'm irritated about the dumb flu too! You guys deserve it, I hope it works out great for you!

Tifani said...

Oh my...I hope that everything works out and you are able to go. What are the chances that something like this would happen right when you are planning on visiting. Good Luck! What a fun trip though!

Katie said...

Swine flu. It is making everyone miserable, especially those of us who don't have it! Maybe you can get a refund and go somewhere not contagious.

Unknown said...

We were at the border when we first heard about the swine flu last week. Otherwise, we didn't have a clue and I don't think anyone in our area did either. Good luck though! How about Hawaii??

familia Bybaran said...

I would have the same reaction. We are going to Nicaragua on Saturday morning and I am just hoping and praying that this thing stays in Mexico (no offense) and doesn't wander down there.

You guys are going to have such a great time.

Cathie said...

We are leaving for Mexico - Cabo - next Tuesday! I guess we will bring masks and pray all is well. Bad timing!

Kristie said...

Kinda funny Megan, that you would feel it necessary to apologize to those with greater hardship in their lives, as if you aren't one of them... :)

I really hope you get to go. You definitely deserve it and it would be good for Eric too I think. I also hope the swine flu dies out. An elementary school in our district is closed for a week because a child has it-makes me want to keep my kids in the house until I get the all-clear.

Jennifer Groves said...

My brother & sister in law left 2 days ago for cancun (or some tropical paradise in Mexico). They even took their kids. I thought it was brave, but they didn't seem too worried about it. I think the media way overhypes things. I hope you end up going and having a great time. Heaven knows both of you deserve it.

Lori M said...

Megan, after all that you guys have been thru, you are allowed to be selfish!!! I do hope that you can go..I will pray for you guys. I know you could really use this trip..it would be nice for you to sit on the beach and have people bring you fruity drinks with tiny umbrellas in them!!!

kelly said...

you can vent all you want - we love you for being real!!! it will come together!

Lisa Danielson said...

Oh man! That stinks! My little brother is going there next week on his honeymoon but i am steering clear of them when they get back. Not such a fan of the swine flu:)

Trisha said...

You deserve this vacation more than anyone else! I hope you get to go...and splurge on that virgin pina colada under those umbrellas. It looks like HEAVEN!

jor said...

I'M SORRY!!!! I remember having lunch at Angie's once and talking about what trip would be fun for the 10 year reunion...I really really really hope it all works out and you guys get an awesome vacation!

Anonymous said...

I am with you!
Brand just booked a trip for us to go on the 15th. Is he crazy or what?

The Gainors said...

my sister just got back from her honeymoon in cancun and said it was empty and sooo awesome. she said there are fewer cases of documented swine flu there than in provo utah.