Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Now this is what I call a fun day!"

That was what Mason said when we went sledding New Years Day morning. I guess Sea World and the beach and playing in beautiful California don't count. I don't know why my boys won't convert to California living, they are their dad's sons for sure. Paige better be my little California girl when she gets older and we will leave the boys in this frigid snow to freeze their buns off looking for animals (or whatever they do) while we live it up in the California sun! Okay, enough of that rambling, we really did have a good time sledding.
Logan was so lazy! He would sled to the bottom and then lay there on the sled refusing to hike back up. We all got so tired of waiting on Logan to bring the sled back up that we started skipping his turn. It's really not as mean as it sounds, he was too busy playing in the snow to notice.
Paige was bundled in an 18month snow suit that was way too big, but she was snuggy warm!
But after a while she got bored, so we went in the car to "drive." Such a happy girl!
Happy New Years!!!

8 comments:

familia Bybaran said...

Oh my goodness! Paige is so adorable Megan! She really looks a lot like you. And that snowsuit is so cute. Here's hoping she's your california girl too.

Tamar and Trevor said...

I can't convert my girls either!!! I kept telling them about how it never snowed on Christmas when I was little and how I remember wearing shorts on Christmas but they kept praying for snow! Someday we will have to take a vacation together and leave our families to freeze in the snow while we soak up the sun! I miss you.

brownymama said...

So happy to hear things are going well with Eric. We've been praying for him. Glad he's having fun with the cookies! (:
Krista

Trisha said...

That Paige is a cutie! We were freezing in our 59 degree weather today in arizona. Looks like a fun time in the snow!

Katie said...

Looking at those pictures gave me chills. I'm sitting here in 60 degree weather thinking that I need to put on a sweatshirt!

I never have liked snow.

Tracy Giles said...

I definitely know what you mean, Lily is my Cali girl 100%. She has been asking to go to the beach for the last week. I am so happy she's a beach girl. I love your Christmas pictures! You guys all look great and very happy! Happy New Year!

sara cardon said...

Yea for Christmas fun!! I can't believe how cute Paige is!! She was so little when you moved-- it's fun to see an April baby to see how big this one will be by next Christmas. I liked the update on Eric's stats/Christmas food indulgences. Sounds like my weight gain too.:)

jaredelizabeth said...

Paige is getting so big....she looks a lot older to me. Sometimes it's hard to remember why I loved growing up in Idaho where it is so cold, but I guess as a kid you don't mind the cold....it's just fun.