Friday, April 22, 2011

Paige's Birthday


Our little Paige turned three this month. I can't believe our baby is three, but at the same time, when I think about living in Philly with her as a newborn, that seems like a lifetime ago. It is so fun having a little girl in our family and although her stubbornness and strong will make her hard to handle at times, she has her moments of pure sweetness. She's the only one who won't let Eric leave in the morning without giving her a hug and kiss, if one of the boys is in time-out, she will sit next to them so they aren't lonely, if someone is sad she is the first to put her arm around them and tell them it's okay, and she loves, loves, loves, her mommy!


We had a little family birthday for Paige two days before her actual birthday because Eric was leaving for NM and we didn't want him to miss out on her birthday. We ate cake balls and opened presents and Paige loved all the attention!

The next day, we had a "Puppy Party" for Paige. She LOVES dogs and every day she asks why she doesn't have a real one. But I wasn't ready to commit to a real dog, so I gave her the next best thing, a party with a bunch of stuffed puppies! I copied this idea from my friend, Jordan, so it was super easy to put together. When the kids arrived, I let them choose a puppy and then they made collars for their puppy out of beads and string, with the name of the puppy spelled out with alphabet beads. After everyone had named their puppy, we played some puppy games: find the bone, fetch the bone, musical pillows (with the puppies holding the places on "doggie beds"), and simon says with doggie commands. After games, the kids ate peanut butter sandwiches in the shape of dog bones and either a dog bone cookie or a puppy pop. The puppy pops were cake balls decorated to look like puppies. I couldn't believe that only 2 of the kids chose a puppy pop. The rest wanted cookies! So much for all my hard work on those pops!



We sent each kid home with a doggy bag full of goodies to take care of their new puppy. Paige ended up with 3 new dogs as presents for her birthday and named each one of them "Sophie." But even with 3 little Sophie's, she's still asking for a real dog! For right now, we're using Mason's allergies as a reason not to get a dog, but the pressure from Paige is getting hard to take! Maybe for her fourth birthday we'll get the real thing...

2 comments:

jor johnson said...

I love it! I love the bead collar idea...so cute! Your puppy pops turned out so much cuter than mine it makes me want to make them over again, especially since Evrett didn't get to enjoy one (we had the opposite problem b/c the kids all wanted the puppy ones) I love that we had the same puppy dogs too. Gotta love the dollar tree!

And Paige looks beautiful in her dress. I'm glad she let you dress her up for it.

Happy Happy Birthday Paige!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Paige.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looking forward to this one as you have control of your hands now I am going to get you to undo my pants, take out my c-ck and I will teach you how to suck it, you won't be able to swallow it all to start but you will look hot with c0m dripping from your warm wet sweet mouth, then I get my hand in your knickers and finger you until you are soaked, pull your knickers off stick my fingers up your bum and suck your p-ssy, hear you squeal and watch you buck to a little girl orgasm, aren't you glad your p-ssy belongs to me?keep your knickers to smell your p-ssy