Wednesday, February 4, 2009

star of the week

All last week Mason was consumed by the fact that this week he was going to be "Star of the Week" at preschool. Star of the week consists of displaying a poster about yourself, wearing a star around your neck, choosing which group you are in (three groups rotate between three classrooms) for activities and bathroom breaks, and bringing a snack that corresponds with the letter of the week. Mason and I made this poster about his favorite things: horses, sledding, rock climbing, the beach, fishing, his brother and sister, and mom and dad. He was so proud!
Here is the snack we brought: monkeys and milk. To make the monkeys, I made chocolate cookies, frosted them, and then added cheerios for the eyes, nilla wafers for the mouths, and little chocolate sandwich cookies for the ears. Mason was beaming with pride as he carried these into school today. Seeing his face as he presented them to his teacher was definitely worth the time it took to make them. We love this kid!

8 comments:

Katie said...

So cute! Both Mason AND the monkey cookies. Johnny just told me that he wanted to "make some of those funny monkey cookies", so I might attempt to copy you although I am sure mine won't turn out as good!

Totally unrelated...Johnny also just told me that my arms go "wobble wobble". Wow thanks Johnny. At least he is honest! I guess I won't be eating any of the monkey cookies if I really do make them!

Anonymous said...

Those are such cute cookies. You always amaze me with your baking abilities.
I am glad to hear that Eric is doing so well with his treatments.

Anonymous said...

Ok Megan, you make all us other mom's look bad when we "buy" the letter of the week treats!!! I can't bake very well, so I'm totally envious. Mason looks adorable and he is an awesome kid, we love him too!

Staci Savage said...

Megan, you musn't post photos of "cool" cookies! Cole saw these and insists he must take these for his snack day tomorrow! :) Cole said cheese sticks, carrots and graham crackers are BORING! He's right--those are awesome little cookies. Cole also said that I need to call you so that we can drive 45 minutes to meet you and Mason at the park. Maybe next week, huh? :)

Tamar and Trevor said...

Wow! Where do you come up with such CUTE ideas!!! Do you have any good ideas for the letter Q? That is my snack letter coming up...I always get the hard ones. SO glad that Eric is doing so well. We love you guys!

Lisa Danielson said...

How did you get to be so great? You are really putting the rest of us to shame:) JK Those cookies are adorable!

Tracy Giles said...

Those are so cute. I can't believe how big Mason is getting! He's such a cute kid :)

Swanky Mommy said...

Those have got to be the most adorable cookies I have ever seen!