Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Mason!

We started off Mason's birthday bash by making these fun swirly cookies (click for recipe) that I saw on my friend Tracy's blog, who stole the idea from our friend Tifani (thanks to you both!) to take to preschool. The kids loved helping with these, but it took twice as long with their help :)
On his birthday we went to a park with some of our new friends and shared some cupcakes. Mason took along his new scooter to practice and had a blast.
Later we went to gymnastics (sorry the pictures is so dark, he is swinging from the high bar), which is his favorite new activity. Then we took him to Bananas (a mini-golf place) to golf, ride bumper boats, play laser tag, and jump on huge inflatables. Unfortunately our camera battery died when I went to take the first picture, but I can assure you we had a great time!
I was worried Mason's birthday was going to be a bust because I had to practice some tough love by not letting him have the hulk birthday party we'd planned after he threw a fit in Target. He was the one who said he didn't want a "stupid party" so I had to hold him to it. He was really sad for a few days before his birthday when he realized I wasn't giving in, but he ended up having a good birthday regardless. Being a mom is so hard sometimes, even after 5 years of practice! We love our Mason - happy birthday buddy!

7 comments:

jor said...

Happy Birthday mason! I love teh cookies...they really look like playdough! And it looks like we have been replaced by some new little blond boys..haha! We are so glad you guys are liking it there!

Lisa Danielson said...

Happy Birthday Mason! I think we have the same b-day (16th?) He is so cute!!! Love the cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mason. You are such a good mom.

Ben and Melissa said...

Happy Happy Birthday. We really miss you guys, but I am so happy to see that you've all adjusted. Nevaeh and Harper both think that we are going to move to Colorado to live by you....that would be great!

Debbie said...

That's so hard! Sometimes you just want to give in, but you know you can't. It looks like he had a really fun birthday!

Tracy Giles said...

I'm so glad that you also made the cookies. I love them! Happy Birthday Mason! Looks like he had a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Mason just like Logan now you are 5 time to find out why you really have a nice sweet tight bumhole,going to hurt to start but once you get use to my c-ck in you you will beg for it, love that you will be sooooooooooooooooooo tight I like tight young boys, I will c-m in you and make your p-ssy mine